We want to make it easy for diverse tech talent to find folks like them. So, we've compiled a list of slack workspaces, conferences, and meetups to find like-minded people. This is an ever-growing list, so send us a line if you have more suggestions.
- Colorado Diversity in Tech
- Code For Denver
- This is a group for anyone interested in building the next great generation of civic hackers, innovators and disruptors here in Colorado.
- Coolest Women We Know in Technology
- Provides opportunities for networking and mentoring and support for director and above women in High-Tech roles and companies in the Denver Metro area.
- Boulder Women in Machine Learning & Data Science
- Equality Hackers
- Interested in using your coding skills to make the world better? We'll get together for events to hack on non-profits projects that make the world a more equitable place, supporting each for 3 months at a time. Junior and senior developers welcome. Tasks will be sorted and assigned by experience level.
- Joan Clarke Society
- The Joan Clarke Society is in place to work with and mentor women in technology, whether they are just starting out or a mid or senior level, all skill levels welcome!
- Data for Democracy Denver
- Data for Democracy is a volunteer-run organization interested in data science projects for public good.
- RMOUG: Women in Technology
- This meetup is for providing support for women working in information technology in Colorado.
- Women Who Code Boulder/Denver
- We support all women in their coding aspirations - whether you're a full-time programmer looking to expand your network and skills, or you have always wanted to give coding a try, you are welcome!
- Girl Develop It Boulder/Denver
- Our goal is to empower and assist women interested in getting into and advancing in the tech industry.
- Information Technology for Non-Traditional Learners
- IT-NTL is all about classes, workshops, and community, focused on building professional skills using Linux and other free software
- Front Range Accessibility and Inclusive Design
- This group is about bringing together anyone interested in accessibility and inclusive design to share ideas, best practices and hopefully to raise the bar in Colorado when it comes to digital inclusion.
- To help women technologists who are on the frontlines of tech’s diversity and inclusion problem thrive in their careers and stay in the industry.
- Operation Code Denver
- Operation Code is a nonprofit devoted to helping the military community learn software development, enter the tech industry, and code the future!
- Momtrepreneurs of Denver
- We are a group supporting Mom's balancing entrepreneurship!
- The CO<div> platform for diversity-focused technology groups and those interested to help define Colorado's culture in this space
- Rands Leadership Slack
- For leaders and managers in the tech industry and beyond. Once you're part of the team, ask for an invite to the private channel "lady-leaders"
- Denver Devs
- Slack @kim and ask for invite to the private channel called "sanity-check"
- LGBTQ in Technology
- A space for LGBTQ people in technology to chat and support each other
Lesbians Who Tech Summit
The 5th Annual Lesbians Who Tech + Allies Summit from March 1-3rd, 2018 in the Castro District of San Francisco will bring together over 5,000 lesbians, queer women + allies across all areas of technology.
Venture Out Conference
Venture Out is a network of individuals, companies and community organizations. Together, we are building an LGBTQA+ tech and entrepreneurship community, with the goal of creating a more diverse & inclusive future.
Out in Tech Talks
Out in Tech Talks will unite 450+ leading and aspiring LGBTQ+ and allied voices to advance the dialogue around diversity in tech and address the power of tech to create social change.
New York, NY
The LadyCoders conference is a two and a half day gathering dedicated to empowering women and non-binary* technologists to take their tech career to the highest possible levels. LadyCoders is designed to provide the underrepresented in technology tangible, real-world advice to advance their careers at all stages and overcome the obstacles they face in the tech industry.
Now in its ninth year, Hispanicize 2018 Week is the largest annual event for Latino trendsetters and newsmakers in digital content creation, journalism, marketing, entertainment and tech entrepreneurship.
We Rise Tech Conference
We RISE is all about growing and showcasing women in technology. For two days, We RISE features women and allies doing amazing work from all over the world.
360 | AnDev
Community-driven events with technically focused content are what 360|Conferences has always stood for. It's time we bring that to the Android community in the Rocky Mountain Region. 360|AnDev aims to supercharge the already thriving tech and startup culture across the front range. Whether you're looking to get started, or have been in the ecosystem for years, 360|AnDev offers content to enhance your skills. We’ll even record all the sessions so you can relive the experience!
Strange Loop is a multi-disciplinary conference that brings together the developers and thinkers building tomorrow's technology in fields such as emerging languages, alternative databases, concurrency, distributed systems, security, and the web.
Out to Innovate
A biennial cross-generational summit that provides an educational and supportive environment for career development and enrichment for LGBTQ+ students, academics, and career professionals in the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) fields. The next Out to Innovate™ will be March 16-17, 2019 in Los Angeles, California.
- Tech Inclusion
- Write/Speak/Code is on a mission to increase the visibility and leadership of women and non-binary coders through thought leadership, conference speaking, open source contributions, career development, personal growth and self-care.
- Open Source and Feelings
- Diversity Statement:
- We welcome people of any gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, size, nationality, sexual orientation, ability level, neurotype, religion, elder status, family structure, culture, subculture, political opinion, identity, and self-identification. We welcome activists, artists, bloggers, crafters, dilettantes, musicians, photographers, readers, writers, ordinary people, extraordinary people, and everyone in between. We welcome people who want to change the world, people who want to keep in touch with friends, people who want to make great art, and people who just need a break after work.
- Diversity Statement:
- AlterConf is a traveling conference series that provides safe opportunities for marginalized people and those who support them in the tech and gaming industries. By highlighting the powerful voices and positive initiatives of local community members, we build hope and strengthen the community’s resolve to create safer spaces for everyone.
- Code Her Conference
- Grace Hopper Celebration
- ELA Conf - A safe and inclusive tech leadership conference and community for adult (18+) women (cis and trans), trans men, and genderqueer people.
- !!Con (pronounced "bang bang con")
- RubyConf - Dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion.
- Open Source Bridge
- Open Source & Feelings - Coming back in 2018